Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Remote, USA
Job Type: Full Time
Rate: $150 – 175K
Principal Consultant, Sustainability
The Griffin Groupe is searching for candidates to join the team of an exciting client company
The individual will be responsible for contributing to our client company’s successful growth and profitability through creative consultative selling and engagement with prospective and existing clients to understand their needs and align them with client company’s unique capabilities.
The successful candidate will have direct experience in consultative business development within EHS and Sustainability consulting in a matrix organization, a strong business acumen, and be highly motivated in the cultivation of long-term and mutually-rewarding relationships with clients, coworkers, and strategic business partners.
The successful candidate will also have cultivated a mature network of deep relationships with industry contacts with whom they can kick-start the growth of their region.
Our client company offers a competitive salary, group-sponsored health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, company paid life insurance, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Identify, cultivate, and develop new client relationships to support client company sales/revenue growth
- Engage internal peers and client contacts within Key Accounts to understand client needs, co-create solutions based on client company capabilities, and advance opportunities
- Support peers with their own sales strategies to drive growth of the Sustainability Practice by providing technical support before (e.g. content development and planning), during (e.g. client meetings), and post-client engagement (e.g. project scoping and proposal development)
- Promote a compelling and unique perspective to articulate thought leadership through promotional opportunities, including: blogs, speaking engagements, webinars, industry committees, conferences, industry association activities, etc.
- Support new service development based on market needs and regulatory trends
- Collaborate with peers across Consulting Practices (Environmental Compliance, Remediation Project Management, Safety, Supply Chain, Information Solutions, etc.) and Streams (Standards, Assurance, Regulatory Services) to identify commercial opportunities and assemble unique combinations of client company resources to support client needs
- Apply subject-matter expertise through management and delivery of projects and programs to support client needs
- Provide input on practice-, topic-, and region-level strategy development
- Undergraduate degree, Master’s degree preferred, in a field relevant to Sustainability (e.g. Environmental Engineering, Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Geology, Sustainability, Energy Policy, Climate Science, or equivalent)
- Track record of successful consultative sales to enterprise organizations re: sustainability, including a strong network of prospective clients
- Consulting and/or significant work experience in several of the following areas:
- GHG accounting and reporting
- Conducting materiality assessments and sustainability strategy development, including stakeholder interviews, workshops and peer benchmarking
- Developing Science-based/Net Zero GHG targets
- Energy efficiency/audits
- Carbon footprint plan development and execution
- Carbon markets/budgeting/offset management
- Climate risk adaptation and TCFD reporting
- Life cycle assessments
- Human Rights impact assessments and/or due diligence programs (including supply chain audits, supplier engagement/training, etc.)
- Water management
- Waste, recycling and circular economy
- Experience with reporting frameworks and indices (GRI, SASB, CDP, FTSE4Good, DJSI, etc.)
- Experience with ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 5001, ISO 20400, ISO 14064, ISO 26000, and other relevant sustainability-related management systems standards
- Very highly functional re: verbal/written communication
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Multiple languages a plus
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions: