Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
The Griffin Groupe is searching for an EHS professional
to join our growing client company in the food production industry. Our client company is a dynamic e nterprise that has become the market leader in several prepared meat-based meal and snack categories. The company has grown substantially across its markets through excellence in innovation, manufacturing, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by its ownership group and an expanding team of world-class executives.
The work location is based in Norwood, Massachusetts, which is comfortably within the Boston metropolitan area.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Technician focuses on the implementation of Occupational Safety and Environmental compliance programs. Monitors site conditions following compliance calendar, proactively works with other functions on corrective action for any deficiencies and follows up to ensure proper action has been taken.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Degree or certifications in occupational safety or related
- 3+ years food manufacturing experience
- Proficient in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- OSHA 10
- HAZWOPER 40
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist with providing Occupational Health and Safety training for Production, Corporate staff, and vendors.
- Performs safety and environmental inspections to include monitoring as needed for environmental hazards such as exposure to radiation, chemical, biological, excessive noise, heat, etc.
- Responsible for coordination and calibration of EHS equipment (Noise, gas meters, etc.)
- Manage the data entry of completed inspections and submits findings to the respective department for corrective action to be taken. Follows-up with owners to ensure proper action has been taken.
- Work with production and maintenance to prioritize any “fix it now” hazards and submit time-bound WO.
- Maintain all EHS records as required, to include establishing both e-files and hard copy files to allow for immediate reproducibility upon demand for auditing.
- Maintain inventory of Medical Supplies for First Aid Room and PPE. Place replenishment orders as need it for this material.
- Own the management, distribution, ordering, and record-keeping of plant personnel protective equipment.
- Works closely with Manager and Supervisors during incident investigation of site near misses or injuries.
- Participates in supporting interviews, developing photo documentation, and written reports as may be needed for EHS incidents.
- Participates in job hazard assessment, to include evaluation of ergonomic, engineering, and administrative controls to mitigate occupational safety risks.
- Active participation in safety committee meetings. Serves as a principal source of information on health and safety issues during this venue and work with production to ensure actions coming from the meeting are executed.
- Serves as a member of the plant emergency/incident response team.
- Strong floor presence and be an advocate for EHS matter amongst frontline operators.
- Oversees and coordinates 2x week, uniform delivery process and supplies delivery.
- Able to work off shifts or weekends when need it.
- Other EHS duties as assign.
- Associates Degree or Certifications on Occupational Safety, Public Health, or another relating academic field is desired.
- 1-3 years in EHS role preferably within food manufacturing.
- Knowledge in local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance.
- Strong verbal communication skills (interpersonal skills) as well as written. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of production employees, managers.
- Proficiency in Portuguese and/or Spanish written/spoken language is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Individual must possess or obtain OSHA 10 Hour General Industry training/certification
- First Aid, CPR/AED training certification required
- Hazwoper 40 Hour Training desirable