Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain
CORPORATE SAFETY MANAGER
This is an opportunity to join the team of one of North America's largest and fastest-growing logistics and supply chain installation companies. The Griffin Groupe is sourcing safety professionals for our client company in this exciting growth industry. The Corporate Safety Manager will be responsible for reducing the severity and frequency of workplace accidents and injuries through our client companies at job sites across North America and be able to maintain and promote a culture of safety within the organization.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A qualified safety professional that is interested in a fully remote position allowing them to live anywhere in the United States.
- Willing to travel extensively across the US and occasionally Canada (50 - 75%) in order to establish a global safety program
- Would be excited about the prospect of joining the management team of an international corporation as it expands
- Manage and oversee health and safety department and its personnel, including field safety and training personnel.
- Maintain and implement safety policies and protocols across all divisions.
- Create and implement a training program, including field safety, internal safety, safety committees, etc.
- Review Injury Analysis and discuss with team members, working to identify internal and external modifications to prevent future incidents.
- Provide ongoing coaching and guidance for internal staff on workplace safety-related functions such as job hazards, injury investigations, job descriptions, and more.
- Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs, or to inform management of training program status.
- Develop and maintain relationships with risk management, safety, and/or training personnel within key customer accounts.
- Work with Sales and Operations team members early in the sales process for higher risk or higher potential prospective clients to assist in identifying safety hazards, additional training needs, orientation/ screening development, and client on-boarding.
- Meet with Sales and Operation's leadership teams regularly to provide and receive feedback regarding issues relevant to their specific markets and clients as well as ongoing coaching issues with internal employees.
- Infuse safety issues and culture into training and ongoing training of internal employees.
- Identify areas of improvement and coordinate/arrange necessary training.
- Provide ongoing training to operational field staff regarding associate employee interactions, communication, orientation, administration, and placement decisions.
- Make risk mitigation recommendations as needed for clients, operations team members, sales team, management team, and executive team.
- Respond to and manage all OSHA and other regulatory inquires into safety issues.
- Assist in developing and providing safety program information as needed to workers’ compensation team, human resource team, insurance agents, etc.
- Develop goals and actions to correct negative trends and maintain positive trends.
- Review and monitor trends with clients and/or internal divisions with regard to frequency and severity of injury and accidents.
- Write reports, policies, and business correspondence.
- Bachelor’s in safety environmental health or a related field, and a minimum of 10 years' work experience.
- The candidate must have advanced knowledge of OSHA principles, and principles surrounding safety and risk management.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is mandatory (both oral and written communication).
- Experience in warehouses is an asset.
- Strong understanding of MS office applications.
- This position requires travel within the US (and sometimes Canada). A valid Travel Passport and the ability to fly are required. Must live within reasonable driving distance of an airport.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must meet the physical demands, as outlined further below.
- Experience working with clients and customers required.
- High level of integrity and ability to operate with professional and confidential mannerisms.
- Capability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to interpret, comprehend, and apply legal principals and concepts.
- Quality and detail-oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS)
- Effective management skills.
- Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict, strict deadlines, and multiple tasks
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear.
- Some prolonged sitting and bending from office work.
- Some exposure to moving parts and machines, chemicals, and slippery environments.
- Working under stressful conditions or occasionally working irregular hours.
- Some exposures to extreme temperatures.
- Some donning of personal protective equipment.