Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
The Griffin Groupe is searching for motivated tax professionals for a client company in the public accounting sector.
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, trust and individual income tax returns.
- Participate in firm marketing activities and commit to providing superior client service.
- Prepare tax payments
- Estimate and track tax returns
- Complete quarterly and annual tax reports
- Organize and update the company’s tax database
- Recommend tax strategies to clients
- Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
- Share financial data with the accounting department
- Identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits
- Follow industry trends and track changes related to taxes
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Forecast tax predictions
- 5-7 years proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with accounting software packages
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- High level of effective organization and time management skills to manage multiple engagements is a must, as well as strong analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to work independently and collaboratively with tax team, produce accurate and timely tax projections and filings, perform research projects in response to client issues and inquiries, analyze business and individual tax matters to provide solutions.
- Strong numeracy skills
- Keen attention to detail
- BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant subject; industry certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is preferred or working toward certification
- Flexibility to work weekends and extended hours during peak seasons