Company: Client of The Griffin Groupe Executive Search
Location: Longwood, FL
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
EHS MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Manages Site EHS functions to ensure environmental, health and safety requirements are met, including coordinating site inspections, interfacing with regulatory agencies, assessing risks and conducting relevant training.
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets safety program operational goals.
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management and leads process improvements Develops and maintains positive relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for EH&S processes and procedures.
- Keeps MSDS information updated.
- Ensure that all employees are informed of, comprehend, and comply with EHS policies and procedures.
- Conduct internal audits and provide recommendations to improve audit scores.
- Serve as the point of contact for all EHS training, incidents, and recommendations in the area of responsibility.
- Manage OSHA incident and injury reporting within specified guidelines, including the management of the Workers’ Compensation Program within the team.
- Conduct OSHA training in all new employee orientations.
- Conduct timely and accurate follow up investigations and analyze root causes to determine and implement safety measures to prevent future accidents, and coordinate with the employee’s insurance company.
- Ensure that all EHS training is up to date for all personnel, including customer and/or job specific required training.
- Organize and coordinate safety equipment arrival, storage, and distribution as required.
- Manage the Site Safety Plan.
- Manage operator certifications to ensure compliance.
- Manage the documentation of safety efforts.
- Develop and communicate weekly updates regarding injury and illness awareness and mitigating measures.
- Prepare for unannounced audits and inspections by government entities, including but not limited to federal, state, or local municipalities.
- Implement, manage, and contribute significantly to the development of Safety Task Assignments and SA, JSA, and Risk Assessment training.